QNX Software Development Platform (SDP 7.0) includes the next generation 64-bit QNX® Neutrino® RTOS and the award-winning QNX® Momentics® Tool Suite. It provides a comprehensive, multi-level, policy-driven security model incorporating best-in-class security technologies from BlackBerry, which help guard against system malfunctions, malware and cyber security breaches.
The QNX Momentics development tools that are provided with QNX SDP 7.0 are delivered as a development seat that enables developers to work with all of QNX products.
On top of the OS, BlackBerry QNX provides additional middleware products that address requirements related to Critical Safety, Complex HMI design, Speech Recognition, Multimedia integration, acoustics management, Bluetooth and 4G connectivity. Those middleware (link) components are often required in Medical, military, aviation an many other markets. The OS and Middleware solutions are packaged into platforms that address significant market needs. Examples of platforms include QNX CAR for Infotainment, QNX Platform for Instrument Clusters and QNX Platform for ADAS.
Building on existing certifications including ISO 26262, IEC 61508 and IEC 62304, QNX SDP 7.0 also brings a proven safety pedigree.
Various features, including: microkernel architecture, file encryption, adaptive time partitioning, and high availability framework, make QNX SDP 7.0 the most advanced and secure embedded OS developed for use in all safety and mission critical applications.
QNX Software Development Platform 7.0 highlights:
Complete multi-level security
- Configurable: Optimal security levels can be specified by the system-wide policy-driven security model.
- Runtime protection: Highly secure systems can leverage security features such as address space layout randomization, secure boot, chain of trust establishment, integrity measurement, mandatory access control, path space control, rootless execution and anomaly detection.
- Secure software delivery: Software supply chain integrity management enabled through digitally signed package delivery and software update alerts.
Safety by design
- Safety certified pedigree: ISO 26262 ASIL D for automotive, IEC 61508 SIL3 for industrial and IEC 62304 for medical.
- Component isolation: Separation between user applications, system services and device drivers enabled by the QNX Neutrino RTOS’ proven microkernel architecture.
- Selectable scheduling algorithms: Priority based, sporadic and time-triggered deterministic algorithms for system flexibility.
- Guaranteed CPU allocation: Minimum CPU allocation at the thread or process level.
Increased compute power
- High performance: Full 64-bit and 32-bit support for ARMv7, ARMv8 and Intel x86 Architecture.
- Complete hardware optimization: AMD, Intel, Nvidia, NXP/Freescale, Qualcomm, Renesas, Samsung, Texas Instruments and Xilinx SoCs, Comprehensive board support packages.
- GPU integration: ARM, Imagination, Intel, Nvidia, Qualcomm and Vivante.
Award winning development tools
- Development lifecycle tools: QNX Momentics Tool Suite provides time-saving tools for the entire development cycle in a single, unified standards-based environment.
- Standards-based: Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment (IDE), GCC command line tools, Valgrind integration and C++14 support
- Debug and optimize: Complete system-level debugging and optimization through best-in-class application profiler, code coverage, memory and runtime analysis tools.