Business Development Manager/ Sales Manager – Embedded Systems
Location: Bangkok area, Thailand
This position will be based in GES Singapore and offers an existing career for passionate business development executives who can successfully manage new and existing business opportunities in Singapore and ASEAN region.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
Years of Experience: 5-6 years
With focused growth plans, Gopalam Embedded Systems (GES), Singapore, is looking for a technology savvy Business Development Manager with hands on Experience in Sales & Marketing, Good Understanding of the Embedded Technologies and importantly, a Strong Customer Connect in the domain of Embedded Systems.
Key responsibilities include Driving Business Growth & Sales Targets, Building a team of Sales Engineers, Product Specialists and Field Applications Engineers, Proactively Create and Address the Demand of Embedded Systems Development Tools in the Semiconductor and Electronics Industry for the Thailand markets.
Candidates with experience in business development and sales working in the domain of Embedded Systems Solutions (Embedded Development Tools, Compilers, Debuggers, RTOS) and Testing Solutions for Automotive and EMS markets are welcome to apply for this job. Those who have experience of working with Digikey, Mouser, Avnet and related companies and who have a good connect with EMS and other Electronic companies are welcome to apply.
The role will require regular visits to customer sites to provide product presentation and support including assisting with post-sales support. The role will also require continually developing his or her knowledge based on current and new products within the company's portfolio. The role will require regular communication with customers to understand customer needs, identify market trends and explore all possible venues for business success.
- Responsible for Business Development
- Market Identification - Identify and Create New market Opportunities
- Product Positioning - Connect product/solution demand with market trends, understand customer pain/gain points and recommend appropriate solutions
- Customer Relationship and Engagement - Build, Sustain and Upload long term Relationship with Key & Strategic customers
- Should Strategically Interface with Principal(s)/Partner(s).
- Propose Business Plan
- Build the Forecast Plan
- Weekly Report to partner(s) on the progress made
- Willing to Travel (with the country and overseas)
- Must Own Committed Target Numbers to the Partner(s)
- Completely own sales targets
- Handle key accounts and achieve sales
- Maintain healthy business relationships with Principal Representative(s) in India
- Must Drive Marketing Campaigns
- Identify suitable marketing forums
- Propose marketing budgets for partner(s)
- Plan and execute marketing plans
- Should Interface and Work Seamlessly with Dedicated Technical Support Managers
- Coordinate efforts between Technical Managers, Area Office Managers, and FAEs to achieve identified product portfolio objectives
- Lead, co-ordinate and manage sales and technical teams to ensure full client satisfaction in both pre and post sales activities
- Sales experience in Embedded Solutions and demonstrated track record of successful high-technology sales.
- Highly motivated and success driven with strong knowledge of the semiconductor, electronics and embedded industries.
- Experience with tactical sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, closing, and growing existing customers).
- Strong communication and presentation skills, excellent time management and organizational skills.
Education and Experience
- Master's / Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Science Engineering/related engineering streams
- 5+ years of sales support experience in technology sales within the given region.
- Independent, and motivated learner who can quickly grasp new technology that can be applied to customer accounts.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal.