Modernize Code for Performance, Scalability, and Portability
New features for 2020 include:
- Write applications that scale with improved parallel performance on the latest Intel® Xeon® and Intel® Core™ processors using Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) instructions.
- Vectorize and thread your code using OpenMP* to take advantage of the latest SIMD-enabled hardware, including Intel AVX-512.
- Speed up AI inferencing with compilers from Intel, Intel® Performance Libraries, and analysis tools that support Intel® Deep Learning Boost with Vector Neural Network Instructions (VNNI) in 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
- Develop for large memories of up to 512 GB DIMMs with persistence. Identify, optimize, and tune Intel platforms for Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory using Intel® VTune™ Profiler.
- Use extended coarse-grain profiling with platform-level collection and analysis in Intel VTune Profiler to understand and optimize platform configuration for applications.
- Perform cache simulation insights for vectorization with roofline analysis for L1, L2, L3, and DRAM in Intel® Advisor.
- Support for the HPC cloud helps you take advantage of the AWS* Parallel Cluster* and AWS Elastic Fabric Adapter for low-latency, high-bandwidth communications for MPI applications with the Intel® MPI Library.
- Stay up to date with the latest standards and integrated development environments (IDE):
- Full C++ 2017 support with initial C++20 support
- Full Fortran 2008 and expanded Fortran 2018
- Python 3.7 support
- Full OpenMP 4.5 and initial OpenMP 5.0 draft
- Microsoft Visual Studio* 2019 integration
- Supports an additional operating system: Amazon Linux 2*.
Includes: C++ and/or Fortran* compilers, performance libraries, parallel models, and high-performance Python* packages powered by native Intel® Performance Libraries
Includes: Composer Edition plus performance profiler, vectorization and threading advisor, and memory and thread debugger
Includes: Professional Edition plus a standards-based MPI Library, MPI communications profiling and analysis tool, MPI error checking and tuning tools, and a cluster diagnostic expert system.
What’s Included in Each Edition
|Components||Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Cluster Edition||Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Professional Edition1||Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Composer Edition1|
|Intel® C/C++ compiler|
|Intel® Fortran Compiler|
|Intel® Distribution for Python*1|
|Intel® Math Kernel Library1|
|Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library||C++ only|
|Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives1||C++ only|
|Intel® Threading Building Blocks1||C++ only|
|Intel® VTune™ Profiler1|
|Intel® MPI Library1|
|Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector|
|Intel® Cluster Checker
(For Linux* only)
Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library (Intel® DAAL), Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB), Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL), Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP), Intel® Trace Analyzer and Collector (Intel® ITAC)