SerialTek is a provider of innovative data storage test tools and solutions since 2007. SerialTek solutions support the Serial Attached SCSI (SAS), SATA (Serial ATA), PCI Express (PCIe) and Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) protocols.
- No tuning (calibration) required.
- - Kodiak’s Rx automatically equalizes (EQs) the PCIe signals at all data rates.
- Embedded trace processing architecture and fastest performance.
- Real-Time Protocol Processor
- - Automatically captures PCI Config Space, Controller Registers, and NVMe Queues
- - No boot trace needed
- - Native NVMe triggers by device (BDF), Queues, and Packet/Event
- - Native NVMe filters by device (BDF), Controller Registers, Queues, and Packet/Event
- Deep Trace Buffers
- – 36GB, 72GB, 144GB
- Internal Trace Storage (SSD)
- – 512GB, 1TB, 2TB
- – Read-only access for non-primary users
- Direct Attach Storage
- – Two OCuLink (PCIe 3.0) ports
- – Two USB 3.1 ports
- Network and Direct Connectivity
- – Two 10GbE SFP+ (optical/copper)
- – One 1GbE RJ-45
- Single-port (1×4) and dual-port (2×2) analysis in one platform
- Real-time access to traces in memory (prior to downloading)
- – Users can review and analyse captured traces without downloading the trace
- Touchscreen LCD for Analyzer setup and status
- Real-world PCIe link training type probing design. Host and Device signals pass through the interposer, allowing for real-world PCIe link training and easier set up.
- Each lane’s analog signal is received at the probes differential input and distributed to two separate phase matched differential outputs with a nominal gain of 0dB.
- No calibration. Eliminates requirement for interposer and analyzer Rx calibration.
- Improves critical test coverage, including link training (LTSSM), Power Management, Hot Plug, Reset, and other tests where the physical link/lane characteristics may change.
- Form-factors: AIC, M.2, U.2, U.3, EDSFF*, OCuLink*, and others currently in development.
Together with the new Kodiak™, SerialTek’s Gen4 (16.0 GT/s) PCI Express® (PCIe®) and Non-volatile Memory Express® (NVMe®) interposers with SI-Fi™ allow users to monitor an unprecedented variety of PCIe and NVMe bus traffic with unparalleled power and ease.
Enabled by SerialTek’s proprietary SI-Fi™ technology, users can save hours over legacy approaches requiring interposer calibration. This technology improves critical test coverage by providing high signal integrity, even over changing conditions, such as link training (LTSSM), Power Management, Hot Plug, Reset, and other tests where the physical link/lane characteristics may change.
Each lane’s analog signal is received at the probe’s differential input and distributed to two separate phase matched differential outputs with a nominal gain of 0dB, allowing the Host and Device signals to pass through the interposer, allowing for real-world PCIe link training and easier set-up of the analyzer and DUT.
SI-Fi™ PCIe Gen4 Interposers continue SerialTek’s TCO approach. With the focus on signal integrity, flexible, low-cost, SFF-8644-based cables connect each interposer to the analyzer. These cables are readily available and rated greater than 20GHz, resulting in uncompromised SI at all PCIe transfer rates.
All sideband signals are passed through the interposer from Root Complex (Host) to Controller (Device), and all are made available to the analyzer for trigger, decode, and analysis.
- SI-Fi™ Interposers require no calibration.
- Supports PCI Express Gen 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0 Accurate capture of PCIe data traffic at line rates including 16.0 GT/s (Gen4), 8.0 GT/s (Gen3), 5.0 GT/s (Gen2), and 2.5 GT/s (Gen1).
- Single U.2 / U.3 interposer supports both single-port and dual-port capture (only one analyzer is needed for dual-port).
- “Passive” tapping to avoid masking, hiding, or “cleaning up” electrical and/or link issues.
- Low-cost, flexible, high-performance cabling for reliable analyzer to interposer connections.
- No user calibration required. The SerialTek interposers are linear pass-through designs and the analyzer auto-calibrates.
- No boot trace required. The SerialTek analyzers use a unique auto-archiving design to automatically capture set up and changes to the Config Space, Registers, and NVMe Queue creation and deletion. This is particularly important to test environments for hot-plug, link resets, and any other situations where the Config Space, Registers, or Queues change.
- Industry standard (and lower cost) SFF-8644 cables.
- Large protocol trace capture memory options.
- Slot Interposer : Capture and display PCI Express traffic between an adapter card (AIC) and Host system.
- M.2 Interposer : For M.2 socket 2 or M.2 socket 3 devices between a host system and a M.2/NGFF connector on an SSD.
- U.2 Interposer : Designed to be used to analyse PCIe traffic between a host backplane and single or dual ported SSDs.