Embedded Systems Solutions – An Elite Partner for Intel Software Products. Intel® System Studio and Intel® Parallel Studio is comprehensive and integrated tool suites that provides developers with advanced system tools and technologies to help accelerate the delivery of the next generation power efficient, high performance, reliable embedded, mobile and Super computing devices. Intel® System Studio 2014 now allows you to develop for embedded & mobile Android* and Tizen* IVI systems, added cross development from Windows* hosts, and provides expanded JTAG debug support for all IA platforms. The new agent based UEFI debug helps the system developers to accelerate time-to-market and strengthen reliability of these increasingly complex embedded and mobile systems. Eclipse* integration and cross-build capabilities allows for faster system development with Intel® System Studio 2014.
Intel® Media Server Studio 2017
Innovate and optimize enterprise-grade media applications and solutions for data center, cloud, and network usages
- Deliver fast, high density and quality video transcoding, streaming and conferencing.
- Access hardware accelerated codecs and programmable graphics on the latest Intel® processors.
- Speed transition to 4K and HEVC.
- Reduce infrastructure and development costs.
- Optimize solutions with advanced performance and quality analyzers.
Intel Media Server Studio Latest Release
2017 Release: What’s New in Intel® Media Server Studio
Get Ground-breaking HEVC Video Performance, Density & Quality.
Intel Media Server Studio 2017 release provides:
- New processor support.
- New OS support.
- New Intel® Media SDK features, such as hardware-accelerated HEVC decode/encode, MJPEG encode, and GPU hang reporting/recovery.
- New Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications features including support for the OpenCL™ 2.0 API.
- Professional Edition only (coming soon) – New Intel® VTune™ Amplifier features to analyze GPU media applications
Deliver faster video processing solutions with higher density and quality using Intel Media Server Studio. The new Community and Essentials Editions enable hardware-accelerated encode/decode for up to 18 AVC or 8 HEVC streams at 1080p 30 frames per second (FPS) or 2 HEVC streams at 3840×2160 30 FPS on Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1500 v5.
Together, Intel Media Server Studio products enable Intel® processor-based platforms to deliver high performance media processing for cloud, comms, and video service providers. They provide a foundation for you to innovate for 4K/UHD and new immersive experiences, such as 360 degree video or virtual reality.
Intel Media Server Studio Supported Features
- Video Decoders: H.265 (HEVC): 8-bit (hardware accelerated and software), 10-bit (software only), H.264 (AVC),, MPEG-2, VC-1, MVC (Windows Server* OS only), MJPEG.
- Video Encoders: H.265 (HEVC): 8-bit (hardware-, GPU-accelerated and software), 10-bit (software and GPU accelerated only), H.264 (AVC), MPEG-2, MVC (Windows Server* OS only), MJPEG (software).
- Video Processing Filters: Deinterlacing, Resizing, Rotating, Cropping, Composition and Alpha Blending, Color Conversion, Denoising, Frame-Rate Conversion, Videosignal Info, Advanced Deinterlacing handling scene changes (Linux only), Mirroring (Windows only).
- Programmability: OpenCL™ 1.2 and 2.0, video motion estimation (VME) preview support.
- Analyzers: Intel VTune Amplifier, Video Quality Caliper (Pro Edition only).
- Flexible Encode Infrastructure (FEI) is an extension of Intel® Media SDK that gives more control over encoding process compared to the standard Media SDK API; it is available for AVC encode only with limitations.1
- Audio Codecs: AAC decode and encoder, MPEG decode (Pro Edition only).
- Premium Telecine Interlace Reverser to convert telecined or interlaced video to progressive format, Screen capture (Windows Only) (Pro Edition only).
Intel Media Server Studio Editions
- Cross Platform Support with Linux* and Windows* under a single Intel® Media SDK.
- H264 (AVC) Media Codec, Intel Media SDK and APIs provide access to media acceleration features such as hardware-accelerated video codecs, video processing filters, programmable graphics, and graphics drivers (using both Intel CPU/GPU) to maximize performance and server resources.
- Essential tools and runtimes.
- Intel SDK for OpenCL™ Applications (Linux | Windows) – assists with creating, building, debugging, and analyzing OpenCL applications for the underlying architecture, providing in-depth analysis with visualization and interactive mode, which is extremely useful for optimization.
- Metrics Monitor tool (Linux only) provides visibility into the GPU load metrics, utilization stats for the hardware accelerators (i.e VDBOX, VEBOX), and GPU execution units.
- Intel® Premier Support, providing direct access to Intel technical experts.
Includes Essentials edition, plus enterprise-quality HEVC and audio codecs, Intel® VTune™ Amplifier performance analysis tool, Video Quality Caliper stream quality analyzer, Premium Telecine Interlace Reverser, and more.
For premium media performance, video quality, and compliance, the Pro edition adds enterprise-quality HEVC and audio codecs, and advanced video quality analysis tools. Includes:
- Essentials edition
- Industry standard and future media codecs: HEVC (H.265), Advanced Audio Codec (AAC), and MPEG-2. The tool provides HEVC software decoder and encoder, HEVC GPU accelerated encoder and GPU assist APIs for accelerating your own HEVC encoder on Intel HD Graphics.
- Intel® VTune™ Amplifier is a performance profiler, ideal for tuning media applications. Gather the rich set of CPU, GPU, threading, OpenCL and bandwidth metrics needed to find media processing bottlenecks. Intel VTune Amplifier provides tools to quickly analyze and interpret data. Sort and filter the results and then display it for easy analysis on the timeline, the code source and on a GPU architecture diagram that shows VDBox, VEBox, EU utilization, and bus bandwidth. Get faster code faster with extensive performance metrics and powerful analysis tools.
- Premium Telecine Interlace Reverser (PTIR), a state-of-the-art converter, converts telecined and/or interlaced video to progressive format by removing redundancy and artifacts. It automatically performs needed processing, such as on telecined content it detects and reverses telecine patterns, and on interlaced content it performs high quality deinterlacing, resulting in video of progressive format, which can be efficiently compressed. PTIR is implemented as a plugin in the Pro Edition.
- Video Quality Caliper provides efficient sequence-level inspection of the quality of encoded or decoded video streams. The tool provides objective metrics such as PSNR and SSIM, in addition to the ability for subjective inspection by allowing an interactive graphical interface.
Advanced Intel Media Tools
Intel Video Pro Analyzer and Intel Stress Bitstreams and Encoder provide advanced and expert-level analysis, debugging and validation tools for decoder and encoder experts, and help your media solutions and processing development meet customer expectations.
Improve video quality with advanced video analysis software tools for HEVC, VP9, AVC and MPEG-2 video coding standards. Provides deep inspection of the entire encode/decode process, test and debug media encoders; analyze streams, advanced statistics reporting, innovate for UHD, and more.
Intel® Stress Bitstreams and Encoder
Ensure robustness of HEVC, VP9, AVS2 decoders. Validate and debug enterprise-grade media products; ensure performance with memory bandwidth stress, visual and error resilience streams. Create custom bitstreams for testing and optimize the pool of streams. Accelerate test validation cycles and speed time to market.
Intel Media Server Studio Resources
Intel Media forums
This forum is for users to ask questions and share information with others about the Intel® Media Server Studio, Intel® Media SDK ( Intel® Media RAW Accelerator, Audio for Windows*), Media for Mobile, Intel® Video Pro Analyzer, Intel® Stress Bitstreams and Encoder and all things media related.
Media Server Studio offers many code examples through two different packages i.e. “samples” and “tutorials” to get you started.
- The sample package is a collection of code examples that showcase new and important media features of the latest APIs, and are optimized to measure performance on the underlying hardware. Here is the samples guide – Linux* | Windows* for more details.
- The tutorial package provides step-by-step guides to learn basic media features, understand the pipeline, and are geared toward beginning users. Learn More
- Documentation : Comprehensive and complete documentation is available for users at Intel Media Server Studio documentation site.
- Case Studies : See customer examples and use cases with Intel Media Server Studio