Atollic® is committed to helping engineers create better embedded systems, and our C/C++ development and testing tools provide unique features for improving your software quality. Atollic TrueSTUDIO® is developed by a team with extensive experience from automotive and aerospace software development. Atollic TrueSTUDIO is tailored to development of high-quality software for ARM® processors, and brings the best principles from the automotive and aerospace industries to all embedded developers.
Atollic® TrueSTUDIO® is a C/C++ compiler and debugger development suite for ARM® microcontrollers that will help you improve your software quality. By utilizing the capabilities of TrueSTUDIO you can eliminate many of the problems software engineers are meeting today, and focus your time and energy on what really matters – developing high quality embedded software.
Atollic TrueSTUDIO provides unique features for improving your software quality, including features for software engineering, team collaboration and software testing.
Atollic TrueSTUDIO is based on one of the most widely used compilers in the world, thus providing proven and reliable code generation, compact code and high performance for ARM7™, ARM9™ and Cortex™-M, Cortex-R and Cortex-A projects, including multiprocessor and dual-core projects.
- Atollic TrueSTUDIO conforms to open de-facto standards, such as the ECLIPSE™ IDE framework and the GNU toolchain, vastly reducing training and porting costs across teams and projects.
- With its unrivalled feature-set and unprecedented integration, Atollic TrueSTUDIO enable developers to quickly write and debug the most complex of software with ease, positioning Atollic TrueSTUDIO as a world-class development environment for mission-critical projects.
- Atollic TrueSTUDIO can be extended with optional features for test-quality measurement and embedded test automation, thus enabling the development of software of superior quality.
Improve your software quality with TrueSTUDIO
All-in-all, Atollic TrueSTUDIO provides a superior compiler and debugger IDE with unique features for improving your software quality:
The problems found in TrueSTUDIO v5.1.0 are:
- Breakpoints do not work if there are space characters (“ “) in the file or folder path names when GDB v7.6.0 is used.
- Sometimes, struct’s are not uploaded from the target to the debugger correctly when GDB v7.6.0 is used. This bug can cause problems in various parts of the debugger, for example in the RTOS, SWV and ETB/ETM views.
- When selecting to use a “Fixed tool chain location”, the path was not always updated correctly in TrueSTUDIO v5.1.0.
- The TrueSTUDIO “new version available” check was malfunctioning since TrueSTUDIO v5.0.0. This bug only showed itself when we upgraded to v5.1.0.
The above 4 important problems have been solved in the new v5.1.1 release.
The latest version of the TrueSTUDIO brochure can be downloaded from http://www.atollic.com/index.php/brochures
SEGGER’s Real-time terminal (RTT) is a new technology for interactive user I/O in embedded applications. With RTT it is possible to output information from the target microcontroller as well as sending input to the application at a very high speed without affecting the target’s real time behavior.
Effectively, SEGGER RTT enables the embedded board to perform printf() output and scanf() keyboard input to and from the PC remotely from the embedded board using the JTAG-cable/JLINK-probe.
To our knowledge, Atollic TrueSTUDIO is the first embedded IDE to have integrated support for Segger RTT remote input/output using our Terminal view in Telnet-mode inside the TrueSTUDIO IDE, providing unprecedented integration and seamless operation during development and debugging!
MQX RTOS debug and CodeWarrior special discount
CodeWarrior migration discount extended to end-of-year
We have decided to extend the 50% migration discount for paying CodeWarrior customers, to 31/12 2014. Additional details as well as terms and conditions are outlined here: http://atollic.com/index.php/kinetiside
Freescale MQX RTOS kernel aware debugger views now working in TrueSTUDIO
I am pleased to announce the Freescale Eclipse-plugins for MQX kernel aware RTOS debug is now verified to work in TrueSTUDIO. This plugin adds 18 debugger views for various types of MQX RTOS objects, like tasks, semaphores etc. See the screenshot below for additional information about how it looks (all 18 MQX debugger views are not opened in the screenshot).
We will promote this in the upcoming monthly mailshot using the following text:
Developers using the Freescale MQX RTOS can now benefit from kernel aware debugging during a TrueSTUDIO debug session. Gain new insights about the state of MQX RTOS objects during debugging using any of the 18 debugger views for objects such as tasks, semaphores, message queues, etc.
Download the MQX debugger plug-ins and install them in TrueSTUDIO using the Freescale Eclipse plug-in update site: http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/KDS.
Contact email@example.com for additional information. Atollic TrueSTUDIO offers kernel-aware debugging support for MQX and most other popular real-time operating systems, including embOS, eTaskSync, FreeRTOS, OpenRTOS, RTXC, ThreadX, TOPPERS (uITRON) and uC/OS-III.
Please note Freescale needs to update their MQX build scripts to make it easier to compile the MQX RTOS library with TrueSTUDIO, and we are working with them on that.
The TruePERSPECTIVES blog discusses topics relevant to embedded developers and their managers: best practices for embedded development, industry observations, and tips and techniques for using Atollic TrueSTUDIO development tools, ARM Cortex-M development, and more.
For more information, please visit blog.atollic.com